Who We Are 🚚
Buncha is bringing back the milkman, with your favorite stores. Our social commerce platform connects neighborhoods directly with their favorite local merchants for weekly neighborhood deliveries. Neighbors on Buncha save together on the essentials they need from the stores they love by ordering together every week. Meanwhile, our merchants use Buncha to efficiently find new customers, turn existing ones into brand evangelists and make more money using resources they already have.
We are building a better way for neighborhoods across the country to get what they need, directly from the merchants they love, every week.
Buncha is one of the first and fastest-growing social commerce platforms in the United States. We’ve raised 4.2M from Techstars, Target, Starting Line, Unusual Ventures, Matchstick Ventures, and early employees, founders and executives from Nextdoor, Instacart, GoPuff and more. We are growing 10X YoY with plans to expand to a dozen + markets within the next 12 months. Our team of 24 is spread across offices in Minneapolis, MN, and New Delhi, India.
About This Role ⚡
As the Denver City Manager, accelerate and amplify our local growth by designing, testing, and iterating a hyper-local marketing playbook—from local partnerships and large-scale events to hand-to-hand sales and grassroots campaigns—that scale across the neighborhoods we service and markets we’ll quickly expand to. You will be in charge of growth for our first market outside of the Twin Cities.
You will also act as the operations leader and point of contact for the geography. You will support our shoppers, partner closely with retail partners, and drive initiatives that contribute directly to our most important company goals. Our City Managers have a tenacious appetite for driving operational excellence while challenging the status quo.
As a part of our Market Growth team, you’ll mix traditional and innovative marketing strategies and apply them to your local context to drive brand awareness and efficient, high-quality growth. This is a high-impact role where you’ll shape, build and iterate local growth levers. You will design and execute cohesive growth strategies and own daily local marketing activities and KPIs.
You Will 🔨
- Be the face of Buncha to our shoppers, partners and customers, you will need to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities each day to ensure you are visible to our teams.
- Report to and work closely with the CEO and Head of Marketing to execute market level strategy.
- Provide an operational perspective to teams at HQ including logistics and community operations to ensure best practices and protocols.
- Develop and own local growth levers and oversee implementation of day-to-day marketing activities.
- Develop and execute overarching field and partnership marketing strategy.
- Execute offline and online hyper-local/grassroots marketing channels to drive acquisition.
- Develop partnerships with local organizations and property management companies.
- Run point on in-market, offline member engagement, including activations, events, etc. including weekend event activations.
- Test local growth levers and analyze data to drive step function changes through rapid iteration.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering and marketing to help build insanely awesome products and processes that scale efficient and profitable growth.
- Lead a local marketing team of Brand Ambassadors.
You Should 📝
- 2-4 years experience in growth roles: sales & marketing, partnerships, etc.
- Ability to query and analyze data in order to support a data-backed, quantitative approach to decision making
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment, enjoys autonomy
- Experience in experiential, guerilla or hyper-local marketing
- Outstanding communication skills; written and verbal, in person, physical activations, online video
- Experience with marketing and analytics platforms is a bonus (e.g. Klaviyo, Google Analytics)
You Are 🤝
- Highly motivated and self-managing with a passion for discovering/solving user problems.
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize and get things done
- Comfortable creating your job: this position has clear priorities, and we value your leadership to identify and own what you think is necessary to drive results.
- Someone who believes in moving fast, making some mistakes along the way, then learning from them quickly and moving forward.
- Open: we believe in radical candor and value everyone’s respectful point of view.
- Customer Obsessed: we believe in ensuring our users and partners always extract the maximum value from every interaction they have with our team, platform, and business.
We Offer ⭐️
- Cash compensation package from 55K to 65K
- Performance-based compensation of 15K to 30K
- Equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits