Who We Are 🚚
Buncha is bringing back milkman-style, neighborhood-based delivery, but with your favorite stores. Neighbors on Buncha save on the essentials they need by joining scheduled deliveries from their favorite stores each week for only $1.45. With store partnerships and eco-friendly neighborhood routes, we are building a better way for neighborhoods across the country to get what they need, directly from the merchants they love, every week.
Buncha is one of the first and fastest-growing social commerce platforms in the United States. We’ve raised 4.2M from Techstars, Target, Starting Line, Unusual Ventures, Matchstick Ventures, and early employees, founders and executives from Nextdoor, Instacart, GoPuff and more. We are growing 10X YoY with plans to expand to a dozen + markets within the next 12 months. Our team of 24 is spread across offices in Minneapolis, MN, Denver, CO and New Delhi, India.
About This Role ⚡
As a City Manager, you will act as the in-market CEO for Denver. You will be the single-threaded owner for operations and growth. You will be responsible for managing and leading our in-market operations team, and accelerating and amplifying our local growth by designing, testing, and iterating a hyper-local marketing playbook.
As City Manager, you’ll focus on building relationships: from local partnerships and large-scale events to hand-to-hand sales and grassroots campaigns. You will help shape the future of Buncha as the leader of our first market outside of the Twin Cities. With a dotted line to our Head of Marketing, you’ll mix traditional and innovative marketing strategies and apply them to your local context to drive brand awareness and efficient, high-quality growth.
You will also act as the operations leader for the market. You will support our shoppers, work closely with retail partners, and drive initiatives that contribute directly to our most important company goals. Our City Managers have a tenacious appetite for driving operational excellence while challenging the status quo.
Our ideal candidate is someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. An average day as a City Manager might mean writing shopper schedules, running events, improving customer service and working cross-functionally to solve market needs. In other words, there is no average day and the ideal candidate should be comfortable with ambiguity and capable of finding solutions to never-before-seen problems.
You Will 🔨
- Lead our Denver team, owning both market operations and local marketing with abundant support from our central team in Minneapolis.
- Be the face of Buncha to our shoppers, partners and customers, you will need to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities each day to ensure you are visible to our teams.
- Work closely with the CEO, Head of Marketing and VP of Operations to execute market level strategy. This role reports to the VP of Operations.
- Work closely with our head office in Minneapolis, being an advocate for needs and resources in the Denver market.
- Build an efficient operation, working in concert with HQ to build a sustainable and cost effective operating footprint.
- Ensure operational excellence and efficiency as we scale.
- Hire and manage shoppers, scheduling, and capacity with support from our talent acquisition team.
- Develop and own local growth levers and oversee implementation of day-to-day marketing activities.
- Execute offline and online hyper-local/grassroots marketing channels to drive acquisition.
- Develop partnerships with local organizations and property management companies.
- Test local growth levers and analyze data to drive step function changes through rapid iteration.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, operations and marketing to help build insanely awesome products and processes that scale efficient and profitable growth.
You Should 📝
- Have prior experience (2-4 years) in operations with exposure to sales and marketing.
- Be able to use data to diagnose issues and drive process improvements.
- Have led teams and feel comfortable making decisions with incomplete information.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment; you’re someone who enjoys autonomy.
- Possess the ability to identify weak spots in a process and improve efficiency.
- Have experience with experiential, guerilla or hyper-local marketing.
- Have outstanding communication skills; written and verbal, in person, physical activations, online video.
- Experience with marketing and analytics platforms is a bonus (e.g. Klaviyo, Google Analytics)
You Are 🤝
- Highly motivated and self-managing with a passion for discovering/solving user problems.
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize and get things done
- Comfortable creating your job: this position has clear priorities, and we value your leadership to identify and own what you think is necessary to drive results.
- Someone who believes in moving fast, making some mistakes along the way, then learning from them quickly and moving forward.
- Open: we believe in radical candor and value everyone’s respectful point of view.
- Customer Obsessed: we believe in ensuring our users and partners always extract the maximum value from every interaction they have with our team, platform, and business.
We Offer ⭐️
- Cash compensation package from 60K to 70K
- Performance-based compensation of 5K to 10K
- Equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits